Saturday, July 11, 2009

ASCC #16: Brunette Buddy

I was big on challenges this week but short on time! Yikes! Of course, I can always count on Kimm at Artful Sentiments to make everything come together with her fun Copic Color Challenges! Her wonderful color selection this week inspired me to new heights of challenge combinations!


Here's the Artful Sentiments Copic Challenge colors for this week:


YG67 Moss, B23 Phthalo Blue, and E47 Dark Brown


Remember you can use 1, 2 or all 3 of these wonderful colors or whatever you have that is close! I chose to use Moss and Phthalo Blue and the spirit of E47 dark brown. Then I saw that Copic Creations was doing a Brunette Hair Challenge, I decided to try my hand at that as well.

For the sketch, I used the sketch from the CPS Card Sketch this week!

I took the Secret Crafter's suggestion from last Saturday and used 3 pieces of ribbon on this card. I even decided to go green in another way and used my scraps instead of breaking out any new paper.

Here's the final product of all my efforts!




Brunette Buddy
Stamp: Country Garden (Sugar Nellie)
Paper: green mottled & green friendship paper - from the scrap drawer (unknown)
Cardstock: Brocade Blue and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copics: B21, B23, B24,E09, E11, E25, E27, E29, E33, YG11, YG13, YG63, YG67, YR00, YR04, YR07, YR18, YR23, YR24,
Embellishments: 2 prima flowers; 1 large antique copper brad; green polka dot 1/2" ribbon

So while I had almost no time for stamping, I put the time I had to good use! Have a fun and creative weekend!

Looking for more challenge blogs to inspire you? Join the Gingersnap Creations' Yahoo Group and have access to our database of over 80 challenge blogs!

8 comments:

  1. Wow... your colouring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZER!! Shar, this is just gorgeous!! What a beautiful coloring job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning coloring a total WOW!!!! Way to rock the CPS sketch this week.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute...great stamping! Great job with CPS 123!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Shar, This is beautiful. Love the colors and everything about this card. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shar ...this is GREAT...LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! I'm loving these Sugar Nellie images, and you colored yours so well. Thanks for joining our Copic Creations Brunette challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Again, beautiful coloring and great layout. Just adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...