Thursday, June 25, 2009

Stone Cold Cool Challenges

I just caught up on my blurfing and found two awesome challenges. The sketch is from the Stamping411 challenge and the idea came from the inspirational French challenge at Created by Hand. As I started working with the design and theme, I realized that my card would also work with the Gingersnap Creations' theme challenge - Journeys.


I just discovered Stamping 411 and I had a lot of fun with this sketch even if I rotated it by 90 degrees. I follow Created by Hand all the time but seldom have a chance to participate but I couldn't pass up using a french phrase as a jumping off point. I used the word "Allez" which translates roughly as "go!".


Allez!
Stamps: Visit to Paris (Stampington); Paris and Bonjour (Cavallinin Papers & Co.); Formal alphabet (My Sentiments Exactly)
Paper: Tea Rose (Foof-a-la)
Cardstock: Going Gray, Basic Black (Stampin Up); glossy cardstock
Ink: Lettuce, Bottle, Meadow, and Butterscotch (Adirondack Alcohol Ink); Silver Mixative (Adirondack); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Tools: circle punch (Creative Memories); fleur-de-lis punch (Anna Griffin)

To see how I created the fun background for the image, check out the tutorial at Gingersnap Creations!

Au revoir for now! More challenges tomorrow!

4 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...