Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Red, White & Buick?

I got this fabulous image in a recent watercolor-themed swap at Gingersnap Creations! Thanks to Judy for this one! I turned to my markers to watercolor this image and create a cool duotone look.

For double the fun, I decided to make the card fit two challenges: the Gingersnap Creations latest color challenge - Red, White & Blue and the Crafty Creations' Stars & Stripes challenge! No stripes but I did get the stars in with this great scrap from my drawer - fun scrap paper for some fabulous scrap metal!



Red, White & Buick
Stamp: truck (The Angel Company)
Paper: great scrap from my scrap drawer (unknown)
Cardstock: Ruby Red and Not Quite Navy (Stampin Up); watercolor paper
Ink: Stazon (I think)
Markers: Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue, Ruby Red (Stampin Up)
Tools: oval cutter (Creative Memories)

Have a fabulous and colorful day!

7 comments:

  1. This is fantastic - great choice of designer paper! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge with this great card!! Very beautiful!!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!! Your coloring is very stunning and I love the patriotic look to this!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your card!!!! great image, and just a wonderful idea, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card and great coloring! Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafty Creations Challenges!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card! Double the points for going green and using scraps :) Thanks for sharing this at Crafty Creations this week!

    -AnnV

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it. All except the buick, I'm ford or crysler personally... hehe. Thanks for playing with CCC this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...