Monday, June 29, 2009

In the Christmas Spirit

Despite the heat that is smoldering outside, I wanted to get going on my Christmas cards this year before it gets too late. My goal is for a stress-free holiday....yes, I am a dreamer.

I used Take Ten's latest sketch challenge as the inspiration for these cards. Check out more information at Gingersnap Creations!

I had a small scrap of gorgeous paper left over from my foray into ATC swaps earlier this year. I absolutely adore this paper and while I only used it on one card, I used the color palette through to the other cards. Notice to make perfectly matched custom embellishments, I used more Fragments! They are such a great and easy addition to any card!





Snow Angel
Stamp: girl from Winter Snow (Oxford Impressions)
Paper: (K & Company)
Cardstock: Old Olive and Very Vanilla (Stampin Up)
Ink: Always Artichoke (Stampin Up)
Other: Fragments (Idea-ology); Glossy Accents (Ranger); 3/8" moss ribbon (Offray)
Tools: Oval punches (Marvy); corner rounder (Creative Memories)

Still thinking vintage, I picked out one of my favorite Santas from the Snowy Woods plate by Artistic Outpost! This time, I let the pretty paper carry the card.

St. Nick
Stamp: Saint Nicholas from Snowy Woods plate (Artistic Outpost)
Paper: Snowy Jo (Imaginisce)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Cameo Coral, Ruby Red and Bravo Burgundy (Stampin Up)
Ink: Always Artichoke (Stampin Up)
Embellishment: 3/8" moss ribbon (Offray)
Tools: oval punches (marvy); corner rounder (Creative Memories)

For the final card, I used the other side of the paper used in the card above. It has richer reds and a wonderfully bright green background. Instead of a ribbon with this one, I just carried a strip of coral across the card. There is a matching strip on the inside to carry a sentiment. I loved this paper, so I highlighted the fun poinsettas by punching them out and using them as embellishments.

Snow Swept
Stamp: woman and snowflakes from Winter plate (Non Sequitur)
Paper: Santa's Secret Garden (Imaginisce)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Ruby Red, Cameo Coral, and Old Olive (Stampin Up)
Ink: Ruby Red and Cameo Coral (Stampin Up)
Tools: oval and scallop punches (Marvy); circle punch and oval cutter (Creative Memories)

3 cards a week for the 22 weeks before December...I might just make it this year!

2 comments:

  1. All these cards are gorgeous and I admire your attempt at a stress-free xmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZER!! What gorgeous creations!! Love the color and the papers!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...