Friday, June 12, 2009

GC13: Spicy Supply Challenge - Tags

I am hosting this month's new Spicy Supply Challenge at Gingersnap Creations. I decided to use one of my favorite accessories - tags! I have been making a lot of travel themed cards lately so I decided to stick with that idea for this challenge.

Trying out the Faux Design Paper technique from the December/January issue of Technique Junkies was on my list of "to dos" but I keep chickening out. My new acquisition from Oxford Impressions, the Maiden Voyage plate, really lent itself to this technique. If you love these images as much as I do, take some time to find out a bit more about the woman of vision behind them, Suzanne Melvin. I had the pleasure of interviewing Suzanne recently for Gingersnap Creations.

Now, that I've actually tried it out and realized how simple and fast it is, I will definitely be doing this again....a lot.

Here's what I came up with for the challenge:


Beautiful Traveler
Stamps:
flourish from the Wicked plate, star from School days plate and various images from the Maiden Voyage plate (all from Oxford Impressions)
Paper: uncoated glossy paper (Stampland Chicago); Whisper White and Not Quite Navy (Stampin Up)
Ink: Yellow Ochre, Bisque, Amber Clay, Olive Pastel and Aquamarine (ColorBox Chalk Inks); Rich Cocoa (Memento); Not Quite Navy (Stampin Up); Anitque Linen (Ranger Distress Ink)
Other: Stamp N Stuff clear embossing powder (Stampendous)
Embellishments: circle tag (Avery)
Tools: iron & heat tool

Have wonderful journeys of creativity and safe trips wherever you wander!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shar!
    THANK YOU for visiting my blog! I'm glad you liked the scrapbook and photo of Tim Holtz and myself . . . I took 6 classes from him in San Diego couple of years ago and he graciously consented to have his picture taken with me!
    Your blog is WONDERFUL! I'm totally GREEN WITH ENVY that you now have ALL the Copic marker colors!!! YUM! YUM!!!! I LOVE what you've done with this BEAUTIFUL TRAVELER card . . . I'm especially fond of the GORGEOUS background!!!! Best wishes on your passion!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...