Saturday, June 13, 2009

GC13: Safe Journey & Safe Harbor

I love monochrome and it's no secret that I am enamoured of rust so I figured I would put both of those two things together for these travel-inspired cards.

Both these cards are entries into Gingersnap Creations' Spicy Supply Challenge this month. The supply I had to dip into for this month's challenge was my collection of tags. This card uses a smaller-sized shipping tag. I really liked this little girl for the focal point. She and the other images are from Oxford Impressions' Maiden Voyage plate. I left the tag twine a little long but I ran the strings across my tombo so I could get a little control over where they lay on the card.


Safe Journey
Stamps:
various from Maiden Voyage plate (Oxford Impressions)
Paper: Vintage Tee from Boxer line (BasicGrey)
Cardstock: Really Rust (Stampin Up); uncoated glossy paper
Ink: Really Rust (Stampin Up)
Embellishment: copper heart charm (Darice); shipping tags (Avery)

The following card I made not only for the challenge but for a special friend of mine who has been through some tough times and come out the other side.

Titanic Survivor
Stamps:
various from Maiden Voyage plate (Oxford Impressions)
Paper: Vintage Tee from Boxer line (BasicGrey)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Whisper White & Really Rust (Stampin Up)
Ink: Really Rust (Stampin Up); Antique Linen (Ranger Distress Ink)
Embellishment: shipping tag (Avery)

Whether you are worried about someone traveling great distances or someone journeying through hardship, it's always good to let that person know that you care.

1 comment:

  1. Both cards look fabulous - the second one is sure to bring a smile to your friend's face!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...