Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Fragmented Thinking

I decided to go back to basics and actually use all those delightful alcohol inks I have collected.

Over the weekend, I watched a couple of Tim Holtz's wonderful DVDs and used some of his techniques as well as his wonderful how-to on polished stone backgrounds (I definitely needed this helpful review) to create this card.


Eternity by the Sea
Stamps: bather, seahorse, shells and sentiment from By the Sea plate (Oxford Impressions)
Cardstock: Ruby Red, Basic Black, Whisper White (Stampin Up); glossy cardstock
Ink: Oregano, Red Pepper and Mushroom from the Tuscan Garden set (Adirondack); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Embellishments: Fragments (Idea-ology); 3 black brads

I saved one of my charms for the inside:


To see how I made this card and another project using Fragments, check out my Redhead Review on Gingersnap Creations!

3 comments:

  1. Now this is really cool girl!! I saw this on the Gingersnap blog!! I've always wanted to try these out myself!! :) TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, you really did a great job, I've been practicing with the polished stone effect, also, it is a lot of fun, but wow, I haven't achieved your level yet, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your polished stone background!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...