Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sweet Dreams and a New Challenge for Me

Recently, I applied for a position on Artful Sentiments' Copic Challenge Design Team. You can't imagine how excited I was when I found out I made it onto the team!

Last year, my husband surprised me with one of the sets of 72 copic markers! My collection has grown a bit since then. It took me a little while and a lot of searching online, both blogs and video tutorials, to get to a place where I felt good about what I was creating. Of course, now I am totally addicted to Copics so this challenge blog is a perfect way to inspire me to keep trying new copic color combinations.

This week's Copic Challenge 6 colors are YG11, R20 & B21 and any other copic from the blue (B) family. Aren't they yummy together?

I love the way Kimm has set up her Copic Challenges! She has made it extra easy to participate. Each week, she suggests 3 copic colors and a color family to use. You can use 1, 2 or all 3 of the specific colors. If you don't have a specific color that week, just use something close - how cool is that? Just make a card, post it to your blog or online gallery and then link, using Mr. Linky, to her post for the week. To use a little Bostonian lingo, it's "wicked easy"!

While my 6-month term doesn't start until next week, I couldn't resist this week's challenge - YG11, R20, B21 and any other color from the blue (B) family! Here's what I did!

Sweet Dreams
Stamps:
Sweet Dreams set (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Dark Tie Circles from Scrapbook Walls line (Chatter Box); Pink Gingham (Making Memories)
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink & Whisper White (Stampin Up); textured lime green (DCWV)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copic Challenge Colors: YG11 (close to YG13), R20, B23 (close to B21) and for the blue I used B26
Other Copics I Used: E11, Y06, YG15, YG23, YR00, YR23, and YR24

My fellow design team members are all awesome artists! Take some time to check out their blogs and see all their wonderful creations!

Ann Clack - Created by Ann

Chris Dickinson - Creating with Chrissy

Cathy Edgar - Ink It Up and Stamp It Out

Laurie Gatton - Ministering Hands ... Loving Hearts

Check out the Copic Challenges every Saturday on Artful Sentiments!

7 comments:

  1. Big Congrats. They sure picked a winner!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you! :) I still do not own a copic *blush* but I love the amazing way they bring color to cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! You certainly deserve it.
    I love your card...esp. the bunny slippers!
    It's just beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Shar! I am still trying to figure these markers out. I love what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet Shar!! The check paper is perfect for her too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet Shar!! I just love my Copics and you've created an adorable card with that beautiful colored image!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Shar! Love your challenge card.Darling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...