Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Our Heroes

Please note: this is a pre-scheduled post. I will return to the online world in late May. Hope you enjoy these bits of art while I am gone!

Here's another patriotic-themed card. I know I am going to show my age here, but I have an original Sizzix machine! No, really, it's true. It's not a Big Shot. It still works wonderfully though and I love it. To make this card, I pulled out a favorite die of mine, the filmstrip. It made the card just fly together!

Our Heroes
Stamps:
young boy saluting and WWII soldier from Hero plate (Artistic Outpost)
Paper: Vacation Plaid (Chatterbox - Scrapbook Walls)
Cardstock: Creamy Caramel, Very Vanilla (Stampin Up); generic black
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn); Antique Linen and Tea Dye (Ranger Distress Ink)
Other: variety of colored pencils (Stampin Up)
Embellishments: Scrabble Tiles (EK Success)
Tools: Sizzix machine, sponges

Seek out the heroes around you and let them know you think they are great!

2 comments:

  1. Very clever! I hope your having a wonderful time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome design Shar!! Love the images!;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...