Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Off on an Adventure

I am off on a lovely adventure in the coming days. I promise to give a full report when I get back to blogging in a couple of weeks. While I am offline, I have scheduled some posts to share some things I have been working on.

As a fitting start to these posts, here's a wonderful traveling card I made with Artistic Outpost's Route 66 set. I am so drawn to teal and this car seems perfect for the color. I colored the car in with Copic markers and then spot embossed it using a Versamarker and clear embossing powder. I used distress ink on the rest of the panel to create an aged appearance. For the background, I used a variety of stamps from the Route 66 set stamped with Taken with Teal to form a collage background despite it being very light in the photo.

Teal Road Trip
Stamps:
collage image, gas pump, map, Route 66 emblem, Michelin man, pegasus, and cactus from Route 66 plate (Artistic Outpost)
Cardstock: Taken with Teal and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Taken with Teal (Stampin Up); Rich Cocoa (Memento); Tea Dye, Antique Linen and Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress Ink)
Copic Markers: BG10, BG45, BG49, W3, and Y11
Other: clear embossing powder (Judikins); heat tool; Versamarker

Hope you enjoy my other creations! See you when I get back!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shar, Great card! I hope you have a really wonderful trip! Have fun! Thanks for taking the time to leave so many fabulous comments on my blog... you really make my day! I've decided to award you the "Lemonade Stand Award" for great attitude and gratitude.. visit my blog today (5/13) for details on how to claim it at http://cardsncraftsbyret.blogspot.com
    Hugs,
    Ret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is awesome!!...and I thought it was the name of your card...but you're really going on a trip!! TEEHEE!! Hope you have a wonderful time!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...