Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Country Tis of Thee

Memorial Day is coming up at the end of the month and that got me thinking about all the people who have served and are still serving our country on the front lines and at home.

I love this collage image from Artistic Outpost's Hero plate as it shows such a great variety of images. The background stamp is one I used for an Independence Day card last year. It is so versatile! It can be used as a fantastic focal image or act as an anchoring background.

My Country Tis of Thee
Stamps:
Rosie the Riveter collage and flag postage from Hero plate (Artistic Outpost)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, More Mustard and Real Red (Stampin Up)
Ink: Weathered Wood, Faded Jeans, Fired Brick, Worn Lipstick and Scattered Straw (Ranger Distress Ink); Timber Brown (StazOn)
Tools: mini star punch

After I stamped the focal image on Very Vanilla, I sponged Scattered Straw Distress Ink onto the middle of the tag. I then sponged Worn Lipstick ink on the upper portion of the image while overlapping the Scattered Straw slightly. I sponged Fired Brick around the top left corner, blending it with the Worn Lipstick ink. I repeated the process for the lower portion of the image using the blue tinged inks. I just love the way Distress Ink blends!

Well, off to create some more patriotic themed projects!

4 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...