Thursday, May 28, 2009

Home to Lots of Whoohoos!

I just got back from a lovely vacation in the United Kingdom. I met up with relatives I had never met, connected with roots and saw a zillion amazing things. It was amazing! I am all recharged and ready to go....okay, ready to go maybe on Saturday or Sunday. Still readjusting back to Eastern Standard time.

First, I got a new blog award!

I came back to lots of nice surprises! In my email, I found out that I got this lovely award from Ret, at Cards n' Crafts. It is the Lemonade Stand Award and is for showing great attitude and gratitude. What a lovely thought and thank you so much, Ret! Please take a moment to check out all Ret's lovely artwork.

I have so many great and wonderfully supportive fellow stampers that I cannot trim down the list to even ten.

So for all the fabulous artists out there who take time out of their day to leave me comments and send me emails which make me smile all the time, please consider yourself nominated for this award and claim it with pride!

And now...the rules of the award!

To pick up the Lemonade Stand Award:

1) Comment on this blog
2) Copy the award and save to your computer, and then upload it to your blog.
3) Nominate 5 to 10 blogs you feel show great attitude and gratitude.
4) Link to your nominees within your blog post.
5) Comment on their blogs to let them know they've received the award.
6) Link back to the person who gave you the award to show your appreciation.

Next Great Smile-Enducing Thing....

Now, if that wasn't enough of a WHOOHOO when I got back home, I went through my pile of mail yesterday to find an advance copy of Take Ten. I am published again! My card is on page 35! It was a card which I created as part of a series using this delicious stamp from Oxford Impressions' Beloved plate.


Portraits in Blues & Greens
Stamp:
woman from Beloved plate (Oxford Impressions)
Paper: green stripe (Stampin Up)
Cardstock: Whisper White & Elegant Eggplant (Stampin Up)
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Brocade Blue, Old Olive (Stampin Up)
Embellishments: white fabric flower; rub-on sentiment

Thanks to everybody who took time to comment on my posts even knowing I was away. It made this travel-weary stamper feel quite amazing on her return! Hugs to all!

If you want to see some new stuff today, I did just post a tutorial on making a masterboard on Gingersnap Creations.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award and WOW!! That is so cool that you've gotten published!!! WOOHOO!!! I will be looking for this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to hear you were in the United Kingdom - I am from England myself. I bet you had a wonderful time, it is so different from the States!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That card is awesome - I'm not surprised that it was published. I can't wait to see it in print.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what a beautiful card, I love the image, the lay out and the colors.
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations :) I can see why you would be in the magazine, your cards are just beautiful!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well of course. You completely rock! I'm your biggest fan! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations..on your award and having your card published!! Your cards are so beautiful..they could do one issue devoted to just your art!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations and Welcome Home Shar: How wonderful that you are published in Take Ten what a great thing to find in your mail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! This is an absolutely gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...