Thursday, May 14, 2009

Chalking the Lines

Please note: this is a pre-scheduled post. I will return to the online world in late May. Hope you enjoy these bits of art while I am gone!

With a baseball theme, what else are you going to do but turn to the lastest issue of the Technique Junkies newsletter and use their Chalked Lines technique!

As promised yesterday, here are the details for this card!

Chalking the Lines
Stamps:
Cracker Jack plate (Artistic Outpost)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Mellow Moss & Always Artichoke (Stampin Up)
Ink: Always Artichoke (Stampin Up); Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Chalk: Pastels Collection (Pebbles Inc.)
Other: hairspray - used to seal the chalk

Now, this one you haven't seen before! I just love making journals. This one features yet another Technique Junkie technique, Warhol, but with a little twist. I used repeated images but not on backgrounds. Instead, I cut them out. I think they look great against the striped paper!



Play Ball Journal
Stamps:
Cracker Jack plate (Artistic Outpost)
Paper: Elgin (7 Gypsies); Slugger (Scrap Your Trip); Elements from the Lil'Man line (Cosmo Cricket)
Cardstock: Old Olive, Really Rust & Not Quite Navy (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Other: composition book; Xyron machine (because it makes it SOO much easier)

If you are just loving these creations, check out the amazing deals at Artistic Outpost on this Cracker Jack release!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Shar!! Well you already know that I think the chalk line card is the bomb...but this little notebook project is adorable!! I love the papers!! Couldn't be more perfect!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. shar..your blog makes me happy...TAG,YOU'RE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are fabulous! Of course! The incredible Shar created them! I am so much a fan of your art which is why I joined your yahoo group just sadly at the moment having a tough time participating as much as I would like. I think your chalk lines on this are nothing less then brilliant! And your play ball is perfect. Love them! Arent' you on vacation somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know your out of town having the time of your life I'm sure,(Lucky) But great idea on this one. Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...