Friday, April 17, 2009

Off the Bunnies, but Still with Penny Black

I just love these Penny Black images for watercoloring! Today, I have abandoned my bunny fixation and I am onto more serious subject matter.

The new Gingersnap Creations Garden Challenge inspired me to pick out this old favorite. The image is so detailed that I really wanted to just show it off so I did a very simple layout. Hope you like it!

Garden Potpourri
Stamp:
Garden Nesting (Penny Black)
Paper: pink lace from Classic Mat Stack (DieCuts with a View)
Cardstock: Real Red and Pretty in Pink (Stampin Up); watercolor paper
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Ruby Red, Real Red, Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, Brocade Blue, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Bordering Blue, More Mustard, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Mellow Moss and Certainly Celery
Tools: aquapainter (Stampin Up)

If you would like to see the steps for watercoloring this card, please visit Gingersnap Creations. I also posted a step-by-step guide to yesterday's bunny card.

If you love watercoloring yourself, consider joining the Gingersnap Creations Yahoo Group's image swap. The theme this month is watercoloring!

To join in the swap, join the group. It's a fun place with low stress and lots of fun!

8 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card, Shar! Lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Shar! This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the simple layout and the colors are wonderful!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card...I so love your art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon what a beautiful piece! Excellent colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Shar, this is a work of art

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for commenting on my Pierrot, Shar, I cam over to see yours but found all this beautifully created art...your work is awesome. I look forward to returning and to that end I am joining your followers list so I may continue seeing your eye candy. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...