Saturday, April 11, 2009

A New Dawn

I am trying my hand at this same butterfly motif that I did last month in the style of Michelle Zindorf. The stamps are from Stone House and I really love them.


New Dawn
Stamps:
butterfly from Almost Art Nouveau plate and primroses (?) from 17th Century Flower and Bugs plate (Stone House Stamps)
Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Only Orange, Yoyo Yellow, Apricot Appeal (Stampin Up)
Copics: sorry I was swept away with creativity and forgot to write them down
Other: Versamarker, clear embossing powder and heat tool

I started by stamping the butterfly and flowers in Memento. Then, I colored them in. Once the alcohol markers were dry (not long at all), I used my Versamarker to go over all the colored areas. I then coated those areas with embossing powder and heat embossed it. I was then free to sponge away with all my fun yellows and oranges without fear of wrecking my image. I sponged and then wiped the embossed areas with a soft cloth to get off any residual ink.

Hope you are having an amazing Saturday! I hope your weekend dawns with the spirit of Springtime!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! So love the light background on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! By the way.... I love your watermark!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply Beautiful!
    Happy Easter , I hope the Bunny fills your basket with wonderful things.
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the Prettiest Butterfly cards I have ever seen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful..as always, a delight to view your latest art!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a beautiful pieice!1 As always,it's a delight to visit your blog and see your newest art posted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon, this is beautiful!! The background is stunning! I will have to check out this stamp company!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...