Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Little Daffodil Delight

I am so excited! My Technique Junkies newsletter came in the mail yesterday! I just had to try some of the techniques out right away.

Today, I decided to try Chalk Lines. I also to try out a sketch challenge from Stamp Something. I really love this daffodil image from Rare Image Rubber Stamps so I decided to make it the focal point of the card! I first colored it with copics and then I made 2 background tiles using the Chalk Line technique which is extremely fast and easy. This quick background is destined to become a staple for me.

Daffodil Delight
Stamp:
Daffodil (Rare Image Rubber Stamps)
Cardstock: Yoyo Yellow, Garden Green, Real Rust, and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copics: E09, E29, E37, G07, G17, W1, Y11, Y13, Y15, YG95, YR27
Chalks: Yoyo Yellow, Barely Banana, Summer Sun, Handsome Hunter, Garden Green and Sage Shadow: (Stampin Up)
Sealant: Clear Acrylic Sealer (Plaid)

I love this Garden plate I just got from Rare Image Rubber Stamps! Check back soon for more with this plate.

7 comments:

  1. This turned out so gorgeous Shar!! You did a fab job on the tech!! I got mine too and would like to try some out!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moly! I've definitely got to learn that technique! This is stunning!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Shar! You did great with the technique! ANd your colouring is wondeful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - this technique looks great! And so does that image - I'd better get over the Rare Image and check them out. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card! The layout is very creative. The colors are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card!! I love daffodils..only flower I'm not allergic to!!
    As always,your artwork is so creative with such wonderful color!! I love to visit and see all the "pretties".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got mine too and this technique caught my eye immediately. You did it extreme justice. This card is incredibly lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...