Friday, April 3, 2009

Kiss of Sun

I don't have much leisure time this week So, to still get some stamping in, I am trying out some of the great quick techniques from the lastest Technique Junkies newsletter.

First, I got out my copic markers to do some quick coloring on the "boy in the garden" image from Rare Image Rubber Stamp's Garden plate. I liked the way the image turned out and it seemed to sing "home-spun" to me so I decided to try out Drywall Stitching from the newsletter. This is a great technique and I have never done faux stitching so fast before! Of course, the stitching looks like my real sewing projects so it's not exactly straight.

I really enjoyed doing the Technique Junkie Chalk Line technique on Wednesday, so I thought I would give that another try as an interesting but subtle background for the sentiment I wanted to use. I am in love with this simple and fantastic looking technique. To get all the details on these fun techniques, you'll just have to subscribe to the newsletter! It's well worth the money!

The picture took about 5 minutes to color in but I am slow in choosing colors. The rest of the card went together in about another 10 minutes. 15 minutes, 2 techniques, 1 great image and 1 lovely sentiment! Who could ask for anything more of a quiet Friday morning? Probably a lovely cup of tea but I haven't gotten around to that yet.

Kiss of Sun
Stamps:
boy and sentiment from the Garden plate (Rare Image Rubber Stamps)
Cardstock: Whisper White, More Mustard and Garden Green (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); black marker (Marvy)
Copics: B23, B32, B26, C1, C3, C5, C7, E09, E33, E37, G07, G17, G24, Y23, Y26, YG03, YG23, YR00, and YR14 (can you tell my daughter got me more lovely markers for my birthday?)
Embellishments: one stray mustard button from my drawer
Sealant: Clear Acrylic Sealer (Plaid)

My friend, Alison, has some great April celebrations listed on her blog. My favorites of the list were National Garden Month and No Housework Day (April 7). No Housework Day is definitely an inspiring theme! Check back on the 7th to see what I did with that one!

5 comments:

  1. Holy COw! This is absolutely gorgeous! Once I saw the full image it just took my breath away! Absolutely stunning!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!! AS ALWAYS..an absolute delight to the eyes to visit!! One of these days,when I have the money, I want to get the copic markers...seeing what can be done is so awesome!! Anxiously awaiting your next piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! What gorgeous coloring and shading!! Maybe i need that newsletter! I really struggle with shading! Umnnn...have to check into it-thanks for the info! and thanks for stopping by-don't forget you can get another entry tomorrow too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Shar! Great use of the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon your coloring is beyond words. This is a fab fab fab card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...