Thursday, April 16, 2009

Is She On that Bunny Kick Again?

Well, yes and no. I do love these cuddly creatures from Penny Black and I did buy yet another bunny this year (okay two) but I am really more about the watercoloring than the sweet, cuddly, fluffy rabbits. Okay, it may have a little something to do with the bunnies.

For the layout, I was inspired by the challenge at Stamp Something to use a lot of shapes (well, I used a few here) and the wonderful sketch at Our Creative Corner which had, coincidentally, lots of shapes in it. As to the colors....well, I guess I was feeling in a "bright" mood.


Peaking Bunny
Stamp:
Pansy Bunny (Penny Black)
Paper: green gingham, hot pink dragonfly paper (unknown from my scrap drawer); orange with hot pink flowers from Pocket Full of Posies Matstack (DCWV)
Cardstock: Rose Red and Garden Green (Stampin Up); watercolor paper
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Mellow Moss, Pretty in Pink, and Pixie Pink (Stampin Up); Timber Brown (StazOn)
Tools: acrylic block, Aquapainter and a little paper towel, circle cutter, Crop-o-dile
Embellishments: 3 small green eyelets and 2 large orange eyelets

If you would like a step-by-step guide as to how I went about watercoloring this adorable little bunny, just visit Gingersnap Creations where I just posted a whole tutorial.

6 comments:

  1. This is great! I love all those colors!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shar!! :) This is just the sweetest little image!! Love your coloring too!! Great tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! Your coloring is perfect too - very nice with the shading! Thanks for playing along with the OCC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww...this is so totally adorable! Love your colouring! Great card, Shar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon - your card is just beautiful!!! What a sweet, sweet little bunny image!!! Your coloring is awesome :)

    Thank you for playing along this week!!!~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love him and your pretty card too! How wonderfully fun too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...