Wednesday, April 8, 2009

In the Center Ring

During my blurfing (blog surfing), I came across The Pink Elephant's latest recipe challenge! This week the recipe was to use stamps, embossing and a punch. I decided to go in a totally different direction with this one.

I stamped this sweet clown from Artistic Outpost in black on white. I embossed the clown using my Versamarker and clear embossing powder. Next, I used my new scalloped circle punch to create an reverse mask. I sponged Real Red ink from the outer edges into the center of the mask. I gently wiped off any excess ink that strayed onto the clown with a soft cloth. I matted the whole thing on a panel which was dry embossed with the Cuttlebug Bloom Dots embossing folder.


In the Center Ring
Stamp:
clown from Send in the Clowns plate (Artistic Outpost)
Cardstock: Whisper White and Real Red (Stampin Up)
Ink: Real Red (Stampin Up); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Embossing: Clear Embossing Powder (Judikins)
Tools: large scalloped circle (Marvy); Bloom Dots Embossing Folder and Cuttlebug machine (Provocraft)

I'm almost finished clowning around!

12 comments:

  1. Super! That red is perfect for this jolly little clown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this tubby clown. Love the circle behind him. This is such a fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute!! Love your fun clown image!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! You did such a wonderful job with this cute clown! Thanks so much for joining us at TPE...we hope to see you back again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very impressive - love the effect you have achieved.
    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic stamp Shar, first time I have seen this image. Love the scallops behind him.
    hugs
    Enfys

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a unique image! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...