Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Gentlemen Worth Remembering

I am rediscovering sponging. Springtime is always a time of freshness and renewal so I decided to try and go "back to basics" by trying some old standards in ways that I hadn't tried before.

This time, I added a light sponged background of teal, navy and caramel to this awesome group image from B-Line Designs. When I first learned to sponge, it was more to add a distressed look to the edges of my images or to add limited accents. Now, I am learning why it is such a popular technique for backgrounds.

I made this card for an entry in the latest color challenge from Gingersnap Creations.


Gentlemen Worth Remembering
Stamps:
Gentlemen and sentiment (B-Line Designs)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Taken with Teal and Creamy Caramel (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Taken with Teal and Creamy Caramel (Stampin' Up); Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Embellishments: 2 antique brass brads with 2 antique brass photo turns

Take some time to consider how to make today a yesterday worth remembering!

5 comments:

  1. It's just such a delight to see your work! This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you do it. You're creating all the time and everything is beyond fabulous! You're crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just awesome!! I really love this image!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome..sponging is perfect for this image..fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sponging - the old ones are the good ones. This is a great image too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...