Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Wishes and Passover Greetings

My family is blessed with two heritages to celebrate at this time of year, Christian and Jewish. Passover started on Wednesday night and we had a wonderful seder with my husband's family. Today, we celebrated Easter!

The wonderful sunshine outside made me want to use happy spring colors. I was inspired by the Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #63 Sketch.



I was very literal this time and decided to make a flower embellishment so this is a very close interpretation of the sketch.

Happy Easter Chicks!
Collage Image:
child with chicks from Vintage Easter (Enchanted Mercantile)
Paper: Mellow Yellow Dot (Bo Bunny); designer paper (Stampin Up); blue butterfly paper (from an old stack long gone)
Cardstock: Yoyo Yellow, Rose Red, and Garden Green (Stampin Up)
Punches: nesting flowers, medium and small (Marvy Uchida)
Embellishments: large gold brad

On to Passover! Another sketch challenge intrigued me. I tried out Dawny's Sketch #12 at Papertake Weekly Challenge.

I just love this dove stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms. It's so rustic and beautiful. I used markers to color and shade the bird and branch before stamping it on watercolor paper. I added a sentiment from my Hebrew Holidays set from Stampin Up.

Happy Pesach!
Stamps:
dove with branch (Cornish Heritage Farms); Happy Pesach and star of David from Hebrew Holidays (Stampin Up)
Paper: Old Olive stripes (Stampin Up)
Cardstock: Not Quite Navy and Old Olive (Stampin Up); watercolor paper
Markers: Not Quite Navy and Old Olive (Stampin Up)
Embellishments: 6 square antique copper brads (Making Memories)

Whatever you celebrate even if it is just the arrival of Spring, have a wonderful and peace-filled day!

2 comments:

  1. Aww these are fab! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are terrific! BR-T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...