Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Da Vinci Notebook

When I saw that the Wednesday Stamper Challenge was Bella Italia, all I could think about was Leonardo Da Vinci. Could be that he jumped into my head because my daughter is knee-deep in a Renaissance project at school. Who can tell from where inspiration will spring?

Once I thought Da Vinci, all I could think of was notebook. I rifled through my drawers until I came across this amazing paper by Design Originals. I hardly needed any stamping to add to this wonderful and rich paper but I wanted to add my own mark to it. I dug out my Da Vinci self-portrait from my Stampington collection and a favorite phrase from River City Rubber Works. Armed with these and a healthy amount of Tea Dye distress ink, I was ready to create!

Da Vinci Notebook
Stamps:
Da Vinci self-portrait (Stampington); Find Your Passion (River City Rubber Works)
Paper: Da Vinci from the Lisa Vollrath line (Design Originals)
Cardstock: Barely Banana - front cover & Chocolate Chip - back cover (Stampin Up)
Ink: Saddle Brown (StazOn); Tea Dye (Ranger Distress Ink)
Tools: Xyron

See how pretty this designer paper is? Just yummy! A little sponging and I was done!

So what were you up to this weekend?

9 comments:

  1. Very nice and very artsy! I love it!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is stunning.
    What a great book. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome!! I love the images!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOR-GE-OUS!!! yes, da vinci comes to my mind right away as well with italy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shar, You rock. Love your notebook. I need some inspiration right now, have lost my muse !!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sharon I love this...I bought a pile of stamps last year to do this kind of book..
    Inspiring me to get cracking..
    This is very special.
    connie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shar...What can I say that hasn't already been said...this is awesome..and a great example of what can be done with designer paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This journal is gorgeous - the stamped images that you added are wonderful. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...