Sunday, March 15, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Parade

No matter how long I have been stamping, I still like to make simple cards. This past weekend was full of St. Patrick's Day parades which inspired me to make my own stress-free parade card.

This card was too easy to make! I stamped this delicious image from Artistic Outpost's Cutie Pie plate on white and colored it with copic markers. I created a simple panel of Garden Green on More Mustard to showcase my die-cut shamrock. I added the sentiment and then it was just a matter of putting it all together. As I am trying to be better about using up my extensive ribbon reserves, I added a big fun polka dot bow to finish it off!


St. Patrick's Day Parade
Stamps: majorette from Cutie Pie plate and sentiment from Bluebird plate (Artistic Outpost)
Cardstock: Garden Green, More Mustard and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copics: E09, E29, E33, G17, G21, G28, YR00, YR23
Embellishments: 5/8" green polka dot ribbon (Michael's); Shamrock die-cuts (Deluxe Designs)

The fun part of this card was using an image that I bought for a specific holiday, Valentine's Day, for a totally new holiday. I am thinking July 4th or Santa Claus parade next. Any other suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea to use this image for a St Paddy's day card. Love that ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Shar! Love the image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! What a sweet vintage image!! :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...