Thursday, March 5, 2009

Serendipity is My Friend...Today

Normally my insane urge to color an image without a paper or design in mind has just made me crazy as I try and find just the right paper or the right look. With this card it was totally different! Okay, the urge to color with no basic plan was the same but the paper quest was not. I was looking through my "pink" drawer, thinking to match the little girl in the center, and found some long neglected birthday paper. Thank goodness! Right before I found it, I had been kicking myself for combining green, pink and blue.

After I found the paper, all I had to do was matte the image and I was done! Whoohoo! Not only did the pink match the little girl, it also matched the boy's clothes and the other girl's dress. Gotta love it when it all comes together. I made 6 of these cards. With the 6 from the other day, I now feel a bit more prepared for the onslaught of birthdays coming up.

Vintage Birthday
Stamp: Kids Looking (100 Proof Press)
Paper: Birthday from a long disassembled stack
Cardstock: Rose Red and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copics: various from C set - sorry forgot to write them down this time

Here's wishing you some serendipity in your projects!

3 comments:

  1. Very cool GF! Don't ya just luv some of those 100 PP stamps! You have a knack for making everything come together well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very sweet!! I love your coloring on this! Perfect paper to go with it!! ;) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a nice and beautiful birthday card, makes really fun! I love the kids, the colors, all match perfect together.
    Thank you for visiting my blog and your friendly comment.
    Best wishes from germany, Anja

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...