Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lion Around in March

I made this card for the new Gingersnap Creations Chestnut Challenge. The theme for this month is March icons, the lamb and the lion.

To make this card, I first stamped a simple background of miscellaneous architectural elements from the Stampin Up! set of the same name with More Mustard and Pumpkin Pie inks. I then stamped the lion with Rich Cocoa Memento and colored him in with some copics. I like double mattes so I matted him first in the co-ordinating color of More Mustard and then with a contrasting Garden Green. On the Garden Green matte, I used a Technique Junkie technique called torn frames. I inked the edges of the torn portions to make them stand out a bit more.


Lion Around
Stamps:
Lion Observing (Stamp Francisco); various stamps from Architectural Elements (Stampin Up)
Cardstock: Garden Green, More Mustard and White Whisper (Stampin Up)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento); More Mustard and Pumpkin Pie (Stampin Up)
Copics: YR23 Yellow Ochre and YR24 Pale Sepia

I have all my lion and lamb stamps out so I might do another card for this challenge!

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome Shar!! Just love your distressing!! :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great manly card! the frame is very cool! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card!! Love how you colored him in!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...