Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Going Girly: GC03 Inspiration Challenge

I had fun doing the Gingersnap Creations March Inspiration Challenge today! I figured if the inspiration was a purse, why not make a purse card?

I first used my circle cutter to create the shape of the purse in Pretty in Pink cardstock. To create the purse exterior, I stamped a rose stamp in Pretty in Pink all over the cardstock and then stamped the rose again in Rose Red (fitting) to give some depth.

I like a finished inside so when I attached the handles, I also used some strips of pink and stamped paper to hide the handles on the inside. I then stamped the inside using the Clear Art Stamp set that I got this weekend on a stamp shopping spree with Ali.

Rose Purse
Stamps: Rose (Hampton Art Stamps); sentiments and woman from Glamour Girls (Clear Art Stamps)
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink and Basic Black (Stampin Up)
Ink: Pretty in Pink and Rose Red (Stampin Up); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Tools: circle cutter (Creative Memories)

What will you make? Don't forget to check out the various challenges on Gingersnap Creations! All challenges run a month and there's new ones popping up all the time.

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant job with the challenge! This is a lot of fun. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! What a great idea! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative and gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun Shar!! What a darling purse card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...