Monday, March 2, 2009

GC1: Copper Creation Challenge

Keeping my New Year's Resolutions Even in March

At the beginning of the year, I gave myself some marching orders. Make reasonable goals was at the top of the list. Part of making reasonable goals was to give myself way more time to actually create cards to send out in a much more timely manner.



I am trying to do occasion cards at least 2 months ahead of schedule. Last week, I worked on a Mother's Day card. This weekend, as part of the Gingersnap Creations Copper Creation Challenge, I worked on a Father's Day card. The image is from 100 Proof Press and I colored it in with Copic Markers. I tried to keep the coloring a little rough to give a feeling of fur....or so I had hoped. With this fun image and great plaid paper, I thought that a touch of copper would add nice warmth to the whole piece.

Pup and Pop Father's Day
Stamps: Mutt and Jeff Terriers (100 Proof Press); Happy Father's Day - C4387 (Impression Obession)
Paper: Lake Plaid (Chatterbox)
Cardstock: Mellow Moss, Old Olive and Whisper White (Stampin Up); copper (Paper Store)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Old Olive (Stampin Up)
Copic Markers: C3 Cool Gray, RV04 Shock Pink, YR14 Caramel, YR24 Pale Sepia, E09 Burnt Sienna
Tools: circle cutter (Creative Memories)


Tomorrow, I am working on getting some Birthday cards in hand!

3 comments:

  1. Great card, Sharon. The copic coloring looks really good and I really like the grey outlines on the dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sweet!! Great plaid background and adorable image!! Great coloring!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to be proactive. I don't think I know how. Love your card. The doggies are cute. I think I have to have them. Perhaps we can do an image swap :0

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...