Tuesday, March 31, 2009

GC04: Color Challenge

White with a Splash of Color

Ali really is giving our brains a workout with this month's Gingersnap Creations Color Challenge! The challenge is to make a white card with only a splash of color!

After much deliberation, I decided to just push the envelope a little more and use an absence of color - transparent. I began with a clear sheet of acetate. I created the card base. Then, I stamped this lovely Bella onto white and highlighted the balloons and bits of her dress with Copic markers. I matted her on Cameo Coral and then on a piece of white paper which I had run through my cuttlebug to add a bit of texture.

Here's the end result:

Bella Making a Cameo Appearance
Stamp:
Balloonabella (Stamping Bella)
Cardstock: generic white; Cameo Coral (Stampin Up); clear acetate
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copics: R32 Peach and RV32 Shadow Pink and a blender pen
Embellishments: pop dots; white 7/8" organdy ribbon (Stampin Up)
Tools: Cuttlebug machine and Textile Texture Cuttlebug Embossing folder

If you're looking for a fun place to share your stamping with others, consider joining the Gingersnap Creations Yahoo Group and its companion blog, Gingersnap Creations - there are weekly challenges, swaps, articles, reviews, great databases and much more. Everyone is welcome - all styles, manufacturers and techniques!

Another great aspect of Gingersnap Creations is that it strives to be as stress-free as possible. Challenges and image swaps are always open for a month and card swaps for two months to give everyone ample time to participate. I don't know about you, but the rest of my life is one big rush! The last thing I want is my stamping to get swept up into all that other chaos.

So if you enjoy a more leisurely pace and love papercrafting of any kind - stamping, scrapping, mixed media, paper folding - come on over and join in the fun!

9 comments:

  1. Hey Shar!! THis is so darling!! Fabulous job and i love these Bellas!! :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - love it. TFS. Audrey at
    http://myinkyfun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card, Simple elegance, you cant
    beat it. Thanks for the eye candy,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! That's so smart to use the transparency - why didn't I think of that!! Thanks for taking up the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this stamp, and I have to say that this is probably the best card I have ever seen using it! GREAT job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just adorable, amazing how great its looks with very little color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is lovely. I never would have pegged you for a bella gal but I like it. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...