Friday, March 27, 2009

The Flapper Gets Carded

I'm in a computer-free zone for a couple of days. While I am offline, I thought I would share the way I used this ATC to create a whole different piece.

At the beginning of the month, I made a few ATCs using a simple work process. I decided to take my 1920's flapper ATC and make it into a full card for my beloved husband.

This is how it turned out:

Three Days
Stamp: Three Days Kisses (Stamp Francisco)
Collage Image: woman from Screen Sirens (Enchanted Mercantile)
Paper: To Have and To Hold (Kaisercraft)
Cardstock: generic black
Embellishments: silver ribbon (Ribbon Bow-tique from Michael's); adhesive bow (unknown)

I really liked how this worked out. So, even if ATCs aren't really your thing, they do make a geat size for a focal image on a standard sized card. I also like to use them on journals as in the example below:


Have a fabulous day! I'll be back in the blogosphere soon.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work here, Shar! Love the B&W cards. Gorgeous backdrop for your photo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! What fab creations!! I really love that first one with the image and fun ribbon around her head!! Too fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fabulous job transforming these ATCs into other works of art. I struggle to know what to do with ATCs once I've made them, so thanks so much for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ATC's..your flapper is wonderful,and I LOVE the ribbon embellishment..I never would have thought of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE ATC's and this one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. I love making ATC's a part of the card. These are really fabulous. And I have to say you are really taking your picture taking to another level thesse days. Super!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...