Friday, March 20, 2009

Circus Sign

I love clowns! They are so cheery! I haven't made a sign lately and I thought these clowns would make a fabulous piece of wall art!

I used muted primary colors to give some energy to the piece. The main image comes from Artistic Outpost's new plate, Send in the Clowns. He is paper pieced with the separate pieces being his clown suit, his face, his gloves, his hat and frill and his shoes. I used other images from the same set to make the backgrounds so the whole thing would have a cohesive look.


Clown Sign
Stamps:
clown, clown face, horn, unicycle, elephant on ball, clowns from Send in the Clowns set (Artistic Outpost)
Cardstock: Barely Banana, Real Red, Whisper White and Brocade Blue (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Embellishments: 2 white eyelets, white 1/4" ribbon
Tools: corner rounder (Creative Memories); Crop-o-dile
Other: poster board

So ready for a different act to enter the ring? Hang around for the animal act later today.

5 comments:

  1. what an adorable stamp! I love how you selected primary colors for the piece! adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So colorful and fun Shar!! Just love your idea for this!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another adorable one, Shar! I must get busy working on stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't normally like clowns..but this piece makes me want to get the stamps. Really cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...