Thursday, February 26, 2009

Stripes and Roses

I am never ready on time for Mother's Day so this year I am starting REALLY early! I was inspired by a challenge at Ooh-la-la-Creations to use stripes in a card. I had this really pretty striped paper leftover from another project and took my color scheme from its great color combination. Unfortunately, the colors weren't acurately captured by my camera. The roses and the aqua stripe do match...really...


Stripes and Roses
Stamps:
Lady in Flowers and Mother's Day (Stubby Stampers)
Paper: Slim Jim from Wanted series (Cosmo Cricket)
Cardstock: Barely Banana, Really Rust, Whisper White and Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up)
Ink: Really Rust (Stampin Up); Tuxedo Black (Mememto)
Copics: YR14 Caramel, YR18 Sanguine, BG15 Aqua and YR00 Powder Pink

I could say that I made the woman a redhead to go with the rust colored stripe in the paper, but we all know that probably isn't true.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharon this is beautiful your mum will love it and thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this week, we are so glad you did as we have loved looking through your blog I especially loved your St patrick's day creations you have some fabulous cards and projects we hope you join in again
    Wendi & Emma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...