Saturday, February 14, 2009

Roaring Twenties Valentine for

My Very Own Valentine

This is my last Valentine for the year! I have to post it today as my husband, who is awesome, wonderful and amazingly sweet, actually does read my blog and I didn't want him to get a heads up on his card before I could give it to him.

We both love all things vintage so I decided on this wonderful vintage woman who I believe is circa 1920s. As I am not a huge fan of pink and red Valentines, I went off on a totally different direction with the color scheme and chose Spring colors. In deepest darkest winter, it's nice to get a hint of Spring. The image was so lovely, I decided to paper piece it and keep the card simple.


Roaring Twenties Valentine
Stamps:
Vintage woman (Stubby Stampers); sentiment (Savvy Stamps)
Paper: Purple Plaid (Hot off the Press); yellow dot - name unknown (Bo Bunny); blue (unknown)
Cardstock: Almost Amethyst, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up); Timber Brown (StazOn)
Tools: circle cutter (Creative Memories); heart punch (Creative Memories)

I think she looks like she could have just walked out of a P.G. Wodehouse novel!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I love your spring colored valentine. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I,m sure he Loves it. If you havent had a chance pop over to my blog I,m giving away candy but only for today
    Happy Valentines Day
    Hugs
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...