Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Pet Pal Valentine

I am still going through some older Splitcoast Stampers Sketches. I am trying to make at least one card using each sketch ... eventually... there's a lot of sketches!

This is my version of SCS03. As pets are the very definition of unconditional love, I thought they would may a great theme for a Valentine. I used rich caramels with red and black for contrast. The pup and the beautiful cat are colored with a white colored pencil and then lightly blended with a blender pen.


Pet Pal Valentine
Stamps:
cat and dog from Pets plate (Rare Image Rubber Stamps); sentiment from Cutie Pie plate (Artistic Outpost)
Paper: caramel print from Matte Stack (DCWV)
Cardstock: Creamy Caramel and Real Red (Stampin Up); generic black
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn)
Colored Pencils: Derwent Studio Watercolor - White
Tools: heart punch (Creative Memories); specialty cutter (Creative Memories)

Next time, I may actually use pink for a Valentine.... yup, it's true.

3 comments:

  1. These two little guys are adorable! I really like the white pencil and blender pen effect - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, just luv it! hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...