Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Romance

I have been following the Penny Black Saturday Challenge blog for awhile and I finally decided to join in one of their challenges. This week the theme was romance, a natural choice for Valentine's week.

I really liked the way my first pierced spotlight had turned out so I made this card with the same technique. To compliment my choice of a circular spotlight, I decided on a simple circle layout for the card.

Puppy Love
Stamp: I'm So Cute (Penny Black)
Paper: Cranberry Sauce from Wassail line (BasicGrey)
Cardstock: Creamy Caramel, Ruby Red and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn)
Watercolor Pencils: No. 56 Raw Umber (Derwent Studio); No. 41 Jade Green, No. 17 Pink Madder Lake, No. 60 Burnt Yellow (Derwent Watercolor); No. 25 Crimson Lake, No. 63 Venetian Red (Derwent Aquatone)
Embellishments: Happy Valentine's Day ribbon
Tools: circle cutter (Creative Memories); paper piercer; circle punch

I have used this Penny Black stamp over and over again through the years so it was fun to try and freshen it up with a new look!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I'd never seen a pierced spotlight done before. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shar
    Welcome to PBSC and we are so glad you decided to join in the fun...beautiful card..one of my favourite images and love the pierced spotlight...thanks for playing along this week and we hope to see you often
    Hugs Kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shar - welcome to the PBSC and thanks for joining us. Gorgeous image and I love the pierced spotlight - not seen this technique before. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week and hope to see you again soon.
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very sweet!! I love that image and your spotlight idea is so fab!! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...