Sunday, February 8, 2009

New Stamps and a New Spotlight Technique

I love spotlighting and so when I saw a new spotlight technique in the lastest Technique Junkies newsletter, I just had to try it out. This one is called Pierced Spotlighting. I used a circle shape to highlight this image and, as I try not to do "the expected" too often, I chose to spotlight the book rather than the face in the central image. The remainder of the image was sponged with light apricot ink to give it a soft feel. These fantastic stamps are from Stubby Stampers.

A Friend is a Rare Book
Stamps:
girl reading and sentiment (Stubby Stampers)
Paper: Oh Baby from the Gracie line (BasicGrey)
Cardstock: Apricot Appeal, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie (Stampin Up)
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn); Old Olive (Stampin Up)
Pencils: various watercolor pencils
Tools: circle punch (Creative Memories); paper piercer

Hope you get to spend a couple moments with a rare friend today!

4 comments:

  1. I,m going to have to try this! Love new techniques

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creation turned out fabulous!! :) I'll have to give that a try now! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon love this one...the little girl is a gem. I really like the background you did also.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet girl! I love your coloring with the watercolor pencils. I plan to spend time with a rare friend tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...