Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Knight

Sniffles and frozen weather had me mounting all my new stamps this weekend. Among my new acquisitions is a plate by Artistic Outpost called My Knight.

My short break from Valentine stamping paid off and I came back refreshed to make a bunch today. I am still working my way through the older Splitcoast Stampers Sketches. This card is based on SCS06.


With this card, I stamped the main image with Rose Red on the tag and then stamped corresponding images overlapping the central image in a secondary color, Creamy Caramel. I also sponged the tag with Creamy Caramel and edged it with Tea Dye Distress Ink. I then stamped a second copy of the central image on white, cut it out and affixed it to the tag to make it pop a bit more.

My Knight Tag
Stamps:
crest, sentiment and background from My Knight plate (Artistic Outpost)
Paper: two printed panels from Matt Stack (DCVW)
Cardstock: More Mustard (Stampin Up); deep red from Matt Stack (DCVW)
Ink: Rose Red and Creamy Caramel (Stampin Up); Timber Brown (StazOn)
Other: standard shipping tag
Embellishment: 1/4" dark brown ribbon

More Valentine's Day cards to come!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shar, I hope your feeling better. Looks like your having fun with the new images.Love all the rich papers you used with your piece.Very nice
    I pretty much spent the day cleaning my studio. ugh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...