Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Invincible Summer

This winter has been a wild one with snow storms and ice storms and frigid weather. I am very "done" with it already and it's only February. I got some new Oxford Impressions stamps for Christmas and among them was the Season of Giving plate. I hadn't intended on pulling this plate out until next year but when I was mounting stamps last weekend, I took a second look at one of the sentiments which reads: "In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer". I love this thought! Out of that thought sprang the idea for the card.


I am not entirely satisfied with it and may try to redo it at a later date to get it to look the way I envisioned but I still like this card. I used the Mono Masking technique from the recent Technique Junkies newsletter as a jumping off point. I guess I jumped pretty far as the card ended up not being monochromatic at all. I wanted to create the feeling of the children in a chilly center that was surrounded by the rich warmth of summer sun and growth, hence the warm tones and the greens.

Here are all the details:
Invincible Summer
Stamps:
sunflower from Country Girl plate (Oxford Impressions); flower, rose, dragonfly, bee, leaf, pear and butterfly from Field Notes plate (Oxford Impressions); and children in the snow and sentiment from Season of Giving plate (Oxford Impressions) - did I mention I got a lot of Oxford Impressions for Christmas?
Cardstock: Green Galore and Whisper White (Stampin Up); generic black
Ink: Green Galore, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Gable Green, Really Rust, Apricot Appeal, More Mustard, Close to Cocoa, Pumpkin Pie, Not Quite Navy and Mellow Moss (Stampin Up); Jet Black (StazOn)
Marker: Le Plume II No. 1 Black (Marvy)

Keep a little summer always in your heart! With this winter, we are going to need it!

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty creation!! That background is just stunning!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...