Sunday, January 18, 2009

Valentine Beauty

Another Artistic Outpost sweetie from their new Cutie Pie sheet! This is the third card in my vintage valentine series. As I am known for using unconventional colors in my various holiday-based cards, I decided to use a yellow and green combo for this one. I used colored pencils and a blender pen to give a soft look to the image.

Following my resolutions this year, I did two things with this card. I tried something new, a Splitcoast Stampers Sketch, and I used up some scraps (read small pieces of paper that I usually mislay).

I decided for fun to give myself a challenge to make at least one card with each Splitcoast Sketch that has been posted so far. This sketch is SCS04.

Valentine Beauty Queen
Stamps:
Beauty Queen and sentiment from Cutie Pie sheet (Artistic Outpost)
Paper: abstract green/yellow paper (Provocraft stack)
Cardstock: Yoyo Yellow, Gable Green and Glorious Green (Stampin Up); generic white
Ink: Glorious Green (Stampin Up); Jet Black (StazOn)
Pencils: Derwent Aqua No. 01 Zinc Yellow & No. 63 Venetian Red; Derwent Studio No. 44 Water Green; Derwent Watercolor No. 7 Naples Yellow; Crayola Watercolor Red; Hunter Green, Glorious Green & Certainly Celery (Stampin Up); Prismacolor No. 928 Blush Pink & 927 Light Peach
Tools: blender pen

Watch for my next Valentine using this set. It's not pink or red...but you already knew that, right?

3 comments:

  1. She is a real cutie pie! The coloring is so soft - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just lovely in green & yellow! Can't wait to see the next one! hugz,

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling vintage image!! I love this!! Pretty colors too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...