Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Something Old, Something New

Something Borrowed, Something Blue

So, the old saying doesn't just apply to weddings. While I was visiting family, we all sat down to do a little stamping. For the first card, I borrowed a stamp from my mom to make this cute spring-themed card. I used a favorite technique, Vanilla Double, from an older Technique Junkie newsletter to create the background with the solid and outline flowers from my "old" Heartfelt Thanks set from Stampin Up. I used a newer Technique Junkie technique, marker watercoloring, to color the bunny. I decided not to put a sentiment on it as I thought it could be used as a "thinking of you" card, a nice thank you or even a Valentine.

Bunny Love
Stamps: Rabbit (Anita's Stamps - sorry don't have a link for this one); flowers from Heartfelt Thanks set (Stampin Up)
Cardstock: pink, red & white (Paper Reflections)
Ink: Rose Red, Regal Rose (Stampin Up); Frost White (ColorBox)
Markers: light pink and brown Plume II markers (Marvy Markers)

The next card was for my rockin' daughter who just celebrated her 9th birthday. As she is getting so much more grown up, I decided to go with a little bit more grown up theme. I used my brand new Stamping Bella Rockabella for the image and chose blue, my daughter's fav, for the color scheme. Do you like how I incorporated a "9" into the card?


Rockin Birthday
Stamp:
Rockabella (Stamping Bella)
Paper: Pocket Full of Posies Matstack (DCWV)
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Real Red and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn)
Pencils: Aquatone Crimson No. 20 & Light Blue No. 33 (Derwent); Studio No. 23 Imperial Purple (Derwent); Watercolor No. 18 Rose Pink (Derwent); Watercolor Red (Crayola)
Tools: Oval cutter (Creative Memories)

It's a new year and I have some new goals to work on! I have lots of projects, themes and surprises planned for 2009. Wish me luck in getting at least some of them accomplished.

4 comments:

  1. Your first card is just so adorable. Love it and your second card. Your daughter is going to love it too! What a great card for a 9 year old. She will love the guitar idea for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff, Shar! I love the bunny stamp, it's adorable, and the way you did the nine is very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that bunny stamp is just the sweetest! I love your coloring! beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such darling creations you have here!! :) I love your bunny image! You've colored it in so very sweetly!! That Bella is rockin!! TFS!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...