Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Primary Color Challenge

I am suffering severe post-holiday momentum loss. To shake myself out of my stupor, I decided to do the new color challenge over at Stubby Stamper's Yahoo Group. The January challenge is to use at least one primary color in a project. I decided to try and use all three - blue, red and yellow. Why not? That's why it's called a challenge, right?

I have been dying to use this little guy for ages. He makes me smile. I grabbed some Real Red, Brilliant Blue and Yoyo Yellow paper and inks and got to work. The card evolved around the watercolored image. First, I decided he should be in a circle as the overall shape of the image seemed to be circular in nature. I wanted some contrast so I selected a stripe to give not only a color contrast but also a visual one as well. Thinking about the colors and not wanting too bright a card, I picked blue as the base, yellow for the sentiment (visibility was on my mind) and red for the accent. You can almost see in the picture that I added a border of pine trees along the bottom in Brilliant Blue to add some texture.

Warmest Bear Wishes
Stamps:
Bear Head #1445, Warmest Wishes #3843, and Tree Border #2649 (Stubby Stampers)
Cardstock: Brilliant Blue, Real Red, Yoyo Yellow (Stampin Up); watercolor paper
Ink: Brilliant Blue, Real Red, Yoyo Yellow, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, and Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up); Timber Brown (StazOn)
Embellishments: 5 snowflake brads
Tools: Aquapainter (Stampin Up); paper piercer; circle cutting system (Creative Memories)

I think he's pretty cute!

4 comments:

  1. OH how sweet!! I love this little bear image too!! You colored him in so nicely!! :) TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's just too adorable! I love these colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very cute card. Your watercoloring is great and I admire you accepting the primary color challenge - it's a tough one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! This bear is so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...