Friday, December 26, 2008

Serene Swirls & Snow Dance

On a road trip to Absolutely Everything with a good friend of mine, I picked up some collage sheets. I was drawn to the engaging images and could not resist. Last week during the frequent snow storms, I made a set of seven cards from these collage sheets. I kept to a theme of "women in winter" for all seven.

This first card in the series was quick and fun. This image was so striking that I decided it needed no sentiment. Instead, I just added a little bit to the designer paper with a swirl stamp from Inka Stamps to bring a bit of unity to the color and look of the card.

Serene Swirls
Stamp: Caligraphy Swirl (Inka Stamps)
Collage Image: Snowflake Kisses sheet (Artchix Studio)
Paper: Blue Flannel Frost (the Paper Element)
Cardstock: Not Quite Navy and Bashful Blue (Stampin Up)
Ink: Not Quite Navy (Stampin Up)
Embellishments: Prima flowers (2 medium blue, 1 light blue and 1 light green); 4 silver brads
Tools: Oval cutting system (Creative Memories)

My second card was similar to the first.

Snow Dance
Stamp: May You Dance (Inka Stamps)
Collage Image: Snowflake Kisses sheet (Artchix Studio)
Paper: Blue Flannel Frost (the Paper Element)
Cardstock: Not Quite Navy and Bashful Blue (Stampin Up)
Ink: Not Quite Navy (Stampin Up)
Embellishments: Prima flowers (1 medium blue, 1 light blue ); 1 silver brads
Tools: Circle cutting system (Creative Memories)

Keep thinking snow!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...