Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

Each year I postpone making New Year's Resolutions until....okay, March or April. Of course, by then, all the momentum has gone out of my resolve.

This year's first resolution was to make some goals for 2009 before it was 2009. Here's some of the ideas I have settled on that apply to creative endeavors.

1. Make doable resolutions and goals in a timely manner.
2. Use up those beautiful bits and pieces in my scrap drawer.
3. Use all those embellishments I bought on impulse that are languishing in storage.
4. Keep trying new things all the time.
5. Put away all my stamps after I use them and mount and store all my stamps as I buy them.
6. Send at least 6 cards to magazines every quarter.
7. Make time every week for play.
8. Curb SAD (Stamp Aquisition Disorder) to a more reasonable level.

While 2009 isn't quite here, I did give #2 and #3 a try and used up some scraps. So, while I think all the bits and pieces in this card are beautiful, I have not the faintest idea who made any of them. The lovely lady is from Oxford Impressions, the Beloved plate. I used Cracked Glass technique, an old favorite of mine from Technique Junkies.

I love this lovely lady's confidence and think she is perfect to greet the New Year.

Lady in Lace
Stamps:
Woman and sentiment from Beloved plate (Oxford Impressions)
Paper: Not the faintest idea, but isn't it pretty?
Cardstock: Pink Passion and Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up)
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn); Tea Dye (Ranger Distress Ink)
Other: Judikins clear embossing powder
Embellishments: touch of lace and a deep pink silk flower

Here's to resolutions and the resolve to see them through! Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the lace and flower embellishments. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this card is really very pretty. I love the colors and that lace is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i see that we have two great stamp companies in common:D great card..love your resolutions..can't wait to see how you do

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...