Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Guest Book Project - Pages 2 & 3

My parents-in-law have a new beach house and this is the housewarming gift I am working on for them. Each of the page spreads has a stamped element on the left-hand side and a place for guests to sign on the right-hand side.

For this spread, I thought shells would make a good introduction to the beach theme. Here I used a wonderful stamp from OnyxXpressions, Seashells Framed. I stamped it on watercolor paper and used a Technique Junkie technique called Marker Watercoloring.

As an aside, if you haven't subscribed to the awesome Technique Junkie newsletter yet, give yourself a holiday gift and get it for the upcoming year. I go back to mine over and over again for inspiration and instruction.

Here's a close-up of the Marker Watercolored shells.

It gave the shells a soft look. I probably should have stopped before I tried to add a bit of color to the background but hindsight is always 20/20.

I added accents to the Signing page using an acrylic set called Nautical from Impression Obsession.

Details for the spread:
Stamps: Seashells Framed (OnyxXpressions); Nautical set (Impression Obsession)
Paper: Tidepools (Christine Adolph line - Creative Imaginations); Bar Code Scan (not sure manufacturer; I used most of this piece a long time ago)
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral & Very Vanilla (Stampin Up); watercolor paper
Ink: Cameo Coral (Stampin Up); Timber Brown (StazOn)
Markers: various Plume I & Plume II markers (Marvy) as well as Stampin Up markers from the Earth Elements pack

Tomorrow, my next spread comes together....I hope.

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...