Sunday, December 21, 2008

Guest Book Project - Pages 10 & 11

To add a sense of symmetry, I decided to repeat background papers. On this spread, I am back to the map background. There are hints of light blue and coral in some of the elements on the paper so I used these as a jumping off point. Again, hindsight is 20/20 and I ended up covering up those elements...ooops! Well, the colors still go together!

For the focal image, I returned to watercoloring. I used an aquapainter to pick up ink and add soft colors to the background of the image in Cameo Coral, Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery ink from Stampin Up. On the coral panel, I added a ship's wheel from the Nautical set from Impression Obsession.

For the Signing page, I wanted to give a bit of an anchor so instead of literally using an anchor, I chose this great lighthouse from Impression Obsession. To keep the coral accents going, I added simple coral corners to the page.

Details for this spread:
Stamps: Journey of the Heart Ticket (Invoke Arts); lighthouse and ship's wheel from Nautical set (Impression Obsession)
Paper: Sea Glass Antique Map Flat Paper (K & Company)
Cardstock: Cameo Coral, Chocolate Chip & River Rock (Stampin Up)
Ink: Antique Linen (Ranger Distress Ink); Timber Brown (StazOn); Cameo Coral, Bashful Blue, and Certainly Celery (Stampin Up)

Only a couple of spreads left....whoohoo!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    this book is looking really gorgeous, it seems a shame to give it away! Have fun finishing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...