Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Guest Book Project - Cover and First Page

Always stumped for gift ideas, Maya Road's great chipboard albums inspired me. I found this great little house-shaped album in my fav stamp store, Absolutely Everything. My mom- & dad-in-law have just purchased a wonderful new beach house, so it struck me as a neat idea to make them a unique guest book as I am sure they will have many visitors at their new abode.

I wanted to use colors that would compliment their new beach environment so I picked lots of earth tones, aquas, deep greens and corals. The cover features one of my favorite sentiments from Repeat Impressions. It reads "A house is made with nails and beams. A home is made with love and dreams." It seemed like a nice fit. The main image is an old favorite of mine by Stampington called House Plans.

Here are all the details on the cover:
Stamps: House Plans (Stampington); A Home is Made With (Repeat Impressions)
Paper: speckled blue & olive paper (unknown, from a long ago stack); Argyle Sweater - Blue (Kelly Panacci line from Sandylion); Swell from Hang 10 line (BasicGrey)
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up)
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn)
Embellishments: 3 Prima flowers - brown, green & blue; argyle ribbon
Other: chipboard album (Maya Road)

This is the first page! The sentiment reads "The way to a friend's house is never long - Danish Proverb).

Stamps: The Way to a Friend's House (A Muse)
Paper: Blue Awning Letter Stripes Flat Paper (K & Company)
Cardstock: Old Olive, Taken with Teal, and Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up)
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn)

Stay tuned this week while I work on all the inside pages. This is my first album so it is a totally new experience for me.

2 comments:

  1. This looks fab so far - looking forward to seeing the inside pages. They're going to love receiving a HANDCRAFTED gift for their new place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is going to be thrilled to get this for the new beach house. How fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...