Monday, December 8, 2008

Getting Geeky

I got a new plate of stamps from Artistic Outpost last week called Geek is Chic and I have had a ton of fun playing with it. This card is the first of my creations.

I guess I was in a layering mood for both ink and paper. For the central image, I stamped the number background with Mellow Moss (Stampin Up) and then overstamped the Geek is Chic collage image with Timber Brown Staz-On. To add a little flair, I inked the "I Love Nerds" stamp with Real Red (Stampin Up) and added it and two red mini-eyelets to the mix. I then matted the whole panel with Real Red cardstock to make it all pop.

For the Mellow Moss strip behind the central image, I used the number background again, stamping it on the diagonal, first to the right and then overstamping by stamping it on the diagonal to the left. The base of the card is Always Artichoke with a panel of Melissa Frances paper matted on Real Red.
I really like how it all turned out!

Geek Love
Stamps: Geek is Chic Collage, Numbers background image & I Love Nerds (Artistic Outpost)
Paper: Angela (Melissa Frances)
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Real Red, and Mellow Moss (Stampin Up)
Ink: Always Artichoke, Real Red, Mellow Moss (Stampin Up); Timber Brown (StazOn)
Embellishments: 2 red mini-eyelets
Tools: Crop-a-dile

I am so glad to be back and crafting! More Geek is Chic cards to come!

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...