Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wondercolor Wednesday - Unconventional

31 Days of Holiday Cards Continues!

I have never been very good with following conventional thinking. I have made my own tradition of striving to make at least one card each holiday which don't follow the conventional color schemes.

On Valentine's Day, I stay away from pink and red. On Halloween, I try and dream up some cards without orange. Even one of my Fourth of July cards last year had no red or blue.

Go ahead and make any kind of holiday card you want, just don't use red, green, blue or silver. Anything else goes!

I chose different shades of pink for mine with a bit of dark brown thrown in. These cards are designed using the Warhol technique from Technique Junkies.

I liked my color scheme so much, I made one for each holiday!

Pink Lights
Stamp: Calligraphy Christmas Bulb (Inkadinkado)
Cardstock: Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose & Pretty in Pink
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn); white gel pen
Tools: 1 1/2 square punch (Creative Memories)

Menorah Miss
Stamp: Menorah Bella (Stamping Bella); Happy Hanukkah (Rubber Tree)
Cardstock: Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose & Pretty in Pink
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn)
Tools: 1 1/2 square punch (Creative Memories)

29 down, 2 to go!

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...