Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Toolbox Tuesday - Grab Those Pencils!

31 Days of Holiday Cards Continues!

Coloring is a lot of fun, so let's grab some watercolor pencils today. You can do some straight coloring or use a blender pen to give that painted look.

I love adding shading with pencils and the soft look that using the blender pen achieves. I am not fantastic at coloring so I often leave my pencils stuck in their drawer. Today, they had a bit of a breath of fresh air.

I colored this pretty scene from Stubby Stampers. I used a blender pen to soften the coloring. After doing a ribbon technique yesterday, I decided to add some ribbon to this project. I picked up some extra-wide ribbon ages ago and decided to frame the outdoor scene with some curtains and a valance.

Here's how it turned out:

Window onto Christmas
Stamps: house in the snow (Stubby Stampers); sentiment (Memory Box)
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise & Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up); watercolor
Paper: aqua stripe from Luxury Stack (DCWV)
Ink: Timber Brown & Midnight Blue (StazOn)
Embellishments: "mega roll" metallic ribbon (Michael's); thin blue ribbon (Offray)
Other: sticky strip (Stampin Up)

7 down, 24 to go!

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...