Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Toolbox Tuesday - Heat Embossing

31 Days of Holiday Cards Continues!

Embossing adds a wonderful flare to your cards. I love embossing. Last year, I created three holiday cards using an embossing technique called Faux Flocking from the Technique Junkies newsletter. I loved the way they turned out.

Quick tip: Get an anti-static bag to brush over your paper before stamping when embossing. It really helps to keep the embossing powder where it belongs - on the image.

Today, I brought out my embossing powders and my heat gun and had a little fun. I used clear embossing powder on the image of the vintage Santa (Artistic Outpost, Snowy Woods plate) on Riding Hood Red (Stampin Up). Once the embossing powder was set, I used bleach over the image to create an uneven distressed background.

Here's the result:
Vintage Santa in Holly
Stamp:
vintage Santa from Snowy Woods plate (Artistic Outpost)
Paper: Debbie Mumm collection (Creative Imaginations)
Cardstock: Always Artichoke & Riding Hood Red (Stampin Up)
Ink: VersaMark
Other: clear embossing powder (Judikins); bleach
Tools: heat gun

21 down, 10 to go!

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...