Monday, October 20, 2008

Taking a Seasonal Break

Today, I could not wrap my head around a Christmas card while I was staring at all the pretty leaves outside.

The beautiful day put me in a harvest mood so I broke out my brand new Bluebird plate from Artistic Outpost and used the boy with wheat collage stamp and the "thinking of you" sentiment.

I sponged a variety of Distress Inks onto white cardstock to create a soft but varied background and then stamped the image on top with brown StazOn.



Harvest Boy Collage
Stamps:
boy collage and sentiment from Bluebird plate (Artistic Outpost)
Paper: Solar Ray from Fusion collection (BasicGrey)
Cardstock: More Mustard & Really Rust (Stampin Up); generic white
Inks: Timber Brown (StazOn); Antique Linen, Dried Marigold & Spiced Marmalade (Ranger Distress Ink)
Tools: sponge

Once I got the harvest season out of my system, my wandering mind turned to Halloween. I have a great new set called Ecclectic Collages from Stampers Anonymous. This card uses one of them. I used the same technique, sponged Distress Inks, for this background.

Dotty Skeleton Webs
Stamp: Skeleton collage from Ecclectic Collages set (Stampers Anonymous)
Paper: Pep Rally Dot (BoBunny)
Cardstock: Timber Brown (StazOn); Pumpkin Pie (Stampin Up); generic white and black
Ink: Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold, Brushed Corduroy & Spiced Marmalade (Ranger Distress Ink)
Embellishments: twine
Tools: sponge

Well, back to the holiday cards! I feel refreshed.

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Truly! I love it. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I have the bluebird plate too and just cut it today. Haven't had a chance to play yet. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...